Medical Malpractice at Parkville, MO City Hospitals
In Parkville, we trust the doctors, nurses, surgeons, and other medical professionals who treat us to uphold their duties of care and follow acceptable healthcare standards. We do not expect to experience harm at the hands of these individuals — but medical malpractice occurs throughout the United States, and may be prevalent within Parkville medical facilities.
If you are the victim of medical malpractice, you have legal options available to you. You can recover compensation for the damages that you suffered as a result of the negligence through a lawsuit in civil court, holding the individuals responsible for your injuries accountable.
Filing a Lawsuit Against a Parkville Hospital
You can hold any medical professional who provided treatment to you accountable in a malpractice lawsuit, including doctors, nurses, surgeons, and obstetricians. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, you may be able to file your claim against the hospital or medical facility where you suffered the negligence as well.
One of the following scenarios will need to apply to your case in order to name the hospital as a defendant in your lawsuit.
- The negligent medical professional was an employee of the hospital.
- The medical professional was an independent contractor of the hospital and has a history of dangerous and negligent behavior. The hospital was aware or should have been aware of this behavior, and failed to take action to remedy it.
- The medical professional was an independent contractor of the hospital and appeared to be an employee. The hospital failed to inform you of this fact.
If you are unsure whether your case qualifies under one of the above scenarios, speak to a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. Your lawyer will evaluate your case and conduct an investigation to determine whether or not you can file a claim against the medical facility.
Proving a Medical Malpractice Claim in Missouri
Proving your need for compensation in a civil lawsuit can be difficult without a lawyer’s experience and knowledge. To successfully prove a medical malpractice claim in Missouri, you and your Kansas City medical malpractice attorney will need to gather enough evidence to satisfy the following four elements.
- First, you will need to prove that the medical professional owed you a duty of care. You will need to prove that you received professional treatment from the negligent healthcare provider.
- Next, you must prove that the individual breached his or her duty of care to you. This breach of care will typically be the negligent act or failure to act that led to your injuries.
- Then, you will need to prove that the breach of care directly caused your injuries or worsening illness. This may require testimony from an expert medical witness.
- Finally, you must prove that you suffered damages as a result of your injuries you can claim in your lawsuit. These damages can include medical expenses, lost wages, and emotional distress.
Have You Suffered Medical Malpractice in Parkville, MO?
Medical malpractice can happen anywhere, even within medical facilities in and around Parkville, Missouri. If you suffered injury due to negligence at KVC Hospitals Kansas City, Saint Luke’s North Hospital, or another hospital in the Parkville area, it is important to seek help and take the necessary steps to preserve all pieces of evidence as soon as possible.
If you need a Missouri medical malpractice attorney to represent your claim, look no further than Fowler Pickert Eisenmenger Norfleet. Our Kansas City personal injury lawyers have years of experience advocating for the rights of medical malpractice victims throughout the state of Missouri, and can provide a number of benefits for your case.
- Proving a case of medical malpractice requires a great deal of investigation and access to resources you may not be able to find, especially when a hospital is involved. Your attorney will have the authority and experience necessary to conduct a full-scale inquiry into your claim.
- Crafting a compelling case for your compensation requires a great deal of resources and access to expert witnesses who can provide testimony in your case. Our firm will tap into our wide network to find these resources and apply them to your claim.
- Medical malpractice cases involve a high amount of damages, and it can be difficult to identify and calculate the funds you need to recover. Your attorney will help you determine which damages you qualify for, and will assist in calculating an exact settlement amount to help you heal.
Contact Fowler Pickert Eisenmenger Norfleet today to schedule your free consultation with one of our attorneys.