Another advantage of hiring a Kansas City medical malpractice lawyer is they handle all legal aspects of your case. Here are just a few steps in the process they’ll cover:
- Investigate your case and gather evidence to support your claim. This may include reviewing medical records, consulting with medical experts, and interviewing witnesses.
- File the claim in a timely manner. Most medical malpractice lawsuits must be filed within a certain statute of limitations or risk being dismissed by the court.
- Determine the value of your claim. Your medical malpractice attorney calculates all your potential damages—including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering—to ensure you receive proper compensation.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties on your behalf. They’ll use their legal expertise to ensure you receive a fair settlement covering your damages.
- Represent you in court. While most medical malpractice cases are settled out of court, having a lawyer on your side who’s prepared to go to trial gives you added leverage during negotiations.
Kansas City Medical Malpractice Cases Require an Experienced Team
Your frustration over injuries caused by medical malpractice is completely understandable, but again, these cases can be complex, and hard to tackle alone. There are many factors to consider when pursuing a claim.
For example, you need to prove the medical professional's actions or lack of action caused your injuries. A skilled attorney understands the evidence required for this and determines the extent of your damages. In addition, many medical malpractice claims often involve multiple parties, such as:
- Medical professionals, such as physicians, surgeons, nursing staff, and others
- Hospitals and other care facilities
- Insurance companies
These parties may have their own legal teams experienced in defending against medical malpractice claims. Without a skilled Kansas City medical malpractice lawyer on your side, you may be at a disadvantage when negotiating with these parties. So rely on your legal team’s expertise to reduce the burden during an already stressful time so you can focus on recovery.