When we visit a Missouri emergency room, we trust the professionals who work in these facilities to take the necessary steps to diagnose and treat our condition. However, not all healthcare workers uphold their duties to their patients, leading to additional injuries and worsening illnesses.
If you experienced physical, financial, and emotional harm due to an emergency room error, you deserve justice. The attorneys at Fowler Pickert Eisenmenger Norfleet will advocate aggressively for your right to compensation.
Why Choose Us
- We have a deep understanding of medicine and work with a number of medical experts to prove our clients’ need for damages, dedicating a large portion of our caseload to malpractice claims.
- Our firm only takes on a small number of claims at a time, ensuring that we can provide your case with the attention it deserves.
- Our attorneys used to defend medical facilities and professionals against malpractice claims, providing our firm with a unique perspective to represent your claim.
Common Types of Emergency Room Errors
All healthcare professionals must uphold a certain standard of care when treating patients who visit the emergency room. This includes taking the proper steps to provide a correct diagnosis, learning about a patient’s medical history, and responding to dangerous symptoms in a timely manner. Unfortunately, not all emergency rooms meet these standards.
Emergency room workers can commit multiple errors while treating a patient, including the following.
- Misdiagnosing or failing to diagnose a serious condition, such as a stroke, bacterial infection, or heart attack
- Delaying treatment and evaluation for patients who are suffering from life-threatening conditions
- Failing to administer the proper tests and screenings based on a patient’s symptoms
- Mishandling labor and delivery, resulting in birth injuries like cerebral palsy
- Misreading a patient’s symptoms or test results
- Ignoring or downplaying a patient’s symptoms
- Administering the wrong medication or dosage
- Improperly transferring or discharging a patient, often due to a lack of insurance
What Damages Can You Collect in an Emergency Room Error Lawsuit?
Emergency room errors can lead to serious consequences, including additional injuries, worsening illnesses, preventable complications, and death. Through an emergency room error lawsuit, you can collect compensation related to the physical, emotional, and financial damages you sustain due to the negligence.
Emergency room error victims often claim the following types of compensation.
- Past and future medical costs
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Loss of quality of life
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Chronic pain, disability, or disfigurement
- Death benefits if applicable, such as funeral expenses
Remember, you can only collect damages directly related to the emergency room error. Unless the negligence exacerbated your condition, you cannot claim damages for the illness or injury that brought you to the emergency room. Your attorney from Fowler Pickert Eisenmenger Norfleet will help you determine which compensation you qualify for.
Experiencing an act of medical malpractice in the emergency room can be a terrifying event. If you fall victim to a medical professional’s negligence, Fowler Pickert Eisenmenger Norfleet can advocate for your right to financial compensation.