Filing a Lawsuit After a Pneumonia Misdiagnosis
A misdiagnosis for pneumonia can be painful and dangerous. If your doctor failed to properly diagnose your condition and you suffered harm as a result, you could file a lawsuit against him or her and recover compensation for your losses.
Through a Missouri medical malpractice claim, you can secure a settlement for the following damages.
- Additional medical expenses related to the misdiagnosis
- Lost wages during your recovery period
- Loss of future earnings if your condition prevents you from returning to work
- Disability accommodations, such as live-in care
- Physical pain and suffering, such as chronic pain and disability
- Emotional pain and suffering, such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder
To recover compensation and hold the at-fault provider accountable, you will need to show that his or her negligent actions led to the misdiagnosis and your worsening condition. In these situations, you need a Kansas City medical malpractice lawyer on your side.
An attorney can help you prove the at-fault provider’s liability and secure the compensation you deserve. Contact a medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible following the misdiagnosis to strategize your next steps.